Breast reduction (also known as mastopexy) is a cosmetic surgical procedure in which cosmetic surgeons reduce a woman’s breast tissue size. It is one of the most popular types of cosmetic surgery. There are many benefits of breast reduction Adelaide for patients who are considering this type of cosmetic operation. Some of these benefits include:
* Helps reduce sagging breasts: A plastic surgeon will remove excess fat and skin from beneath the breasts during a breast reduction Adelaide surgical procedure. This will enable the doctor to position the nipple and areola properly, thus reducing the breast size. A benefit of this particular surgery in Adelaide is that there is no need for any additional medical care after the surgery, other than a few basic things such as antibiotic ointment. In some cases, patients are advised to wear support stockings and waterproof bras after the surgery. A precaution is always taken at this point to ensure that all sutures are removed from the nipples.
* Reduces excessive fatty deposits: A sound breast reduction Adelaide procedure also helps patients lose weight and control the excessive fatty deposits that are often present in large breasts. Many women suffer from a genetic predisposition to have large breasts. A plastic surgeon can take fat from under the breasts and use it to construct larger breasts in the procedure. The procedure can even be used to eliminate breast tissue that has been added through surgery.
* Reduces risk of breast cancer: One of the biggest concerns for women undergoing breast reduction Adelaide surgery is the risk of developing breast cancer. In this procedure, a significant amount of tissue will be removed. However, the tissue that will be removed is very small compared to the size of the breasts. Thus, there is still a very low possibility of developing breast cancer in this procedure. However, this does not mean that every woman who undergoes this surgery will not develop breast cancer later on in life.
* Helps improve posture: When sagging breasts may make a woman feel uncomfortable and unattractive, her posture may also suffer. This is why it is essential for women who wish to undergo this type of procedure to ensure that their posture will not be affected by the procedure. This is possible because the incisions and the positioning of the scars on the lower half of the body will not cause any change to the patient’s posture. However, it is still essential for a woman to engage in regular physical activity to help increase the circulation and the elasticity of the muscles in her body.
* Improves breast appearance: After undergoing a breast reduction procedure, most patients notice an improvement in the shape of their breasts and in the way they look. The skin on the chest can appear firmer and fuller. Sagging breasts may appear smaller because the skin has the chance to stretch. There is no significant difference in the shape and volume of the breasts when the procedure is performed in Adelaide. However, most patients still notice the difference in their appearance after the surgery.